The web's best place for mobile and web innovations is also the best place to work! We're hiring for two new positions--if either is a fit, we'd love to have you apply. Send your resume, cover letter, and any other desired materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investors include Sequoia Capital and Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Small (<25), close-knit, and very experienced team
- Agile development practices
- Established 3 year old company
- Great SF location
- More info at http://www.widgetbox.com/info/about-us/
We are seeking a smart, motivated & fun User Experience engineer who is consistent, organized and creative. We need a well-rounded individual with the ability to think strategically, act creatively, and do efficiently. The ideal candidate will have a personal interest in social media, a passion for the consumer-web, and a deep understanding of user interface and interaction design planning, programming & management. Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively work cross-functionally are a must. And most importantly, the UE Engineer must have a passion for user experience principles and enjoy working in fast-paced, exciting environment!
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reports to the Director of User Experience
- Implementing all stages of:
- HTML-based mockups
- UI component library
- Flash interaction comps
- Contribute to CSS development and maintenance, debugging and optimization
- User experience, user interface and interaction design planning, programming & management
- Translating user feedback or business requirements into visual user interfaces
- Ensuring the consistent visual presentation and UI design through UX/UE principles
REQUIREMENTS: 2-3 years experience in the following
- Intermediate Skills: Photoshop, Flash, ActionScript, and YUI
- Pluses: SASS, Compass, CSS3, HTML5
- 2-3 years professional web development experience as a member of a UE/UI team participating in the complete lifecycle of several successfully delivered web and/or software applications.
- Solid understanding of web standards, web graphics techniques, and site production practices.
- A passion for UE, complementary tools and technologies a plus. Excited to build a great product towards ultimate user delight.
- Strong creative and visual skills; ability to explain your thinking; strong interpersonal skills; an ability to work independently and with a group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey ideas into tangible form.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and consistently meet aggressive deadlines, while taking constructive feedback and maintaining a sense of humor.
Back End Software Engineer
BACK END REQUIREMENTS